Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012


This is Sam.
Moira adopted him Saturday afternoon, while I was away visiting my Mom. I didn’t get home until very late, but it was good to meet him, and even that first night, he started teaching me things. 
Of course, Smudge was less than enthusiastic about the newcomer encroaching on her territory. She’ll still whining and occasionally hissing. At first she was very hostile, growling aggressively. But Sam was fearless, and although he was cautious not to provoke her too much, he continually approached her, trying to make friends. This sense of openness and lack of fear I found very inspiring. 
Right off the bat Sam was comfortable in his new home. He accepted us, and was excited to explore the entire apartment. He felt comfortable enough to sleep on the bed, and eat from the established area in the kitchen. 
  1. Be mindful and open to what’s around you, and also content with it. 
    1. Trust and don’t fear. What’s the worst that could happen?


Thank you, Sam, for widening my perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment